Contract Administration and Finance Officer, LCA Foundation, Taungyii, Shan State
Circuit International is looking for a staff member to work with our local partner in Taungyii, the LCA (Love Conquers All) Foundation
Title: Administration and Finance Officer (AFO)
Start Date: Late Feb 2017
Background: The LCA Foundation is currently based in Lashio, but will move its office to Taungyii in Feb 2017. The LCA specializes in development projects which centre around business as the engine for the project. LCA currently has a large number of projects backed up and we rapidly need to increase our capacity. We have a large number of volunteers nationwide but only a small staff. Our funding comes mainly from New Zealand.
Report To: LCA Director
Function: To Administer the organisation effectively, act as organizer for director, and organize and oversee finances for the organisation.
Based in: Taungyii, Shan State
Contract Period: 12 months
The purpose of this position is to be the administrative head for the organisation and to efficiently and accurately oversee the finances and reporting. This releases the director so that they do not need to be burdened with administrative tasks.
1. To compile and present organizational and project reports to donor and government organisations
2. Provide administrative reports to LCA board for monthly board meetings.
3. To keep track of finances and present monthly reports to donor organisations (Using Google sheets)
1. To organise organisation online diary (Google Calendar)
2. Answer LCA telephone
3. Be present in LCA office during work hours.
4. To communicate between project leaders, community leaders and director to ensure efficient communication
5. To troubleshoot administrative problems
6. Liaise with government office where required.
7. Keep the LCA office tidy and clean
8. Write letters required by the director, including visa invitation letters for visitors and other letters communicating with other stakeholders in the organisation.
9. Book flights, buses, hotels and other requirements for LCA staff, volunteers and stakeholders as directed by LCA director.
10. Pay bills as required
11. Act as second signee on LCA bank accounts
12. Present documentation and letters to the director for signing.
13. Oversee other administrative staff if employed later as the organisation grows.
14. Be available to travel for organisation purposes if needed. This is not intended to be very often.
Collaboration & Participation
1. Work with all LCA staff members, volunteers, donors and stakeholders to ensure the most peaceful outcomes in conflict situations
2. Work with all races, tribal groups and nationalities without discrimination to achieve the goals of the organisation and its donors
3. Advise director and stakeholders as needed and work as a valuable member of the team
4. Work to liaise with LCA board
5. Act as a non-voting secretary in LCA board meetings recording and presenting minutes
1. Provide training for new staff and volunteers coming into the organisation
2. Engage in self-development and training as you see the need, in consultation with the LCA Director
Consistency & Integrity
1. Commit to living out the core values in line with LCA mission and vision statements.
2. Work in an honest manner and also recognize the need for confidentiality at times.
1. The AFO will cover the following as personal costs:
a. Trips to and from work
b. Food at work or on trips except where indicated by director
c. Personal Accommodation (Rent) and cost of living and utilities.
2. LCA will pay for travel and accommodation for any trips required by the director
3. LCA will pay the following
a. Cost of your work phone as agreed by director
b. Fuel used in your personal vehicle if used for LCA work, as agreed with director.
1. Keep a daily log of hours worked using www.toggl.com work hours logged at least hourly and preferable at least every 30 minutes. This can be used when out of the office using the mobile app/
2. Present a monthly summary of work done using the toggl.com website and apps.
• English and Burmese absolutely essential
• Shan Language given preference
• Proactive and keen to learn new skills and information.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good IT skills. MS Windows, MS Word, powerpoint, Excel, Google apps, and ability to learn others if needed.
• Administration experience required.
• Financial reporting experience required
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Proven organizing and planning skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Team player but can work independently.
• Flexible with ‘can do’ attitude.
• Ability to work across different cultures and religions.
• Servant heart.
There will be an initial trial period of 90 days.
SALARY AND EXPENSES
Base salary will be $400 USD per month plus expenses during the 90-day trial. After trial period will increase to $500USD and will include a 13th month in December.
Please be prepared to work occasionally after hours and be on call for emergencies. You will log additional hours using Toggl.com
To see projects currently being run by the LCA see our fund-raising website from NZ www.circuitinternational.org
How to Apply
Please email your CV in English through the apply form on this site or directly to [email protected]
Resumes in poor English will immediately be discarded.
333 total views, 2 today