Full-Time Office Manager / Executive Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Papillon Ribbon & Bow is an international group with sales offices in Canada, USA, France, UK, China, and Hong Kong. It has been serving customers in the garment and packaging sectors for over 29 years. The group is opening a factory in the Bago region; Soleil Ribbon Limited.
Directly reporting to the Managing Director, the Executive Assistant/Office Manager provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship to aid in setting up and opening of factory operations in Yangon and Bago.
The ideal individual must have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, exhibit resourcefulness, and have an adventurous and hardworking spirit, as well as be able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
They must have strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities.
The nature of the work will evolve according to the needs and the stages of the project. Work hours will vary according to need, especially during deadlines.
Examples of work:
– Liaise with different ministries and departments to get information and push forward permits and licenses
– Banking administration
– Accounting and record keeping of expenses
– Creating, maintaining and organizing company records
– Sourcing office furniture, vehicles, fixtures, and negotiating purchase prices
– Booking flights, organizing visitor itineraries
– Coordinating meetings between different business groups/units
– Managing visa requirements for foreign workers
– Travel and monitoring of our factory site in Bago during construction phase
– Organize initial hiring of local employees
– Sourcing local contractors for small construction works
– Find a location and set up a small office/living space in Bago area
– Email communication with outside parties in English (construction, ministries, bank, vendors)
– Some translation
– Self-directed problem solving
– Understanding and sense of urgency
– Understanding of local laws, and business environment
– Strong interpersonal skills with locals and foreigners
– Capable of working autonomously; a proactive, go-getter attitude
– Highly resourceful
– Strong Organizational Skills
– Business knowledge
– Ability to manage a small team
◦ Excellent command of English language. Chinese language is a plus
◦ Knowledge of local government ministries, import/export and regulations
◦ Some knowledge of local labor laws
◦ Understanding of garment factory operations
◦ Understanding of foreign business operations
◦ Can use Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
◦ Basic accounting knowledge
◦ Proven experience in a similar role (preferably 5+ years)
◦ Bachelors degree
How to Apply
If interested and a good profile, please send your resume to:
466 total views, 1 today