Full-Time Senior M&E Officer (Governance)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (11/January/029/2017)
Pact is an international non-profit, non-religious, non-political and non-governmental organization that is based in Washington D.C, United States. Pact is currently working in 57 countries, implementing more than 100 programs. Pact has been working in Myanmar for nearly two decades, implementing a wide range of development programs which focuses on promoting the lives of the vulnerable community.
Pact in Myanmar is currently seeking a motivated, experienced and dedicated candidate for the position of Senior M&E Officer (Governance).
Position Title: Senior M&E Officer (Governance)
Number of Opening: One
Department: M&E Department
Supervisor: M&E Manager
Salary: Attractive, with generous staff benefits
Duty Station: Yangon Office
As a Senior M&E Officer (Governance), you have to oversee all day to day M&E activities of Pact’s community development projects, focusing on monitoring activities related to Village Development Committees and working with local partners’ M&E data in health, WASH and livelihoods. You also need to assist the CSI-Institution team for analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, and data entry, cleaning and management at each stage of the data management process. You are also responsible for developing key M&E indicators, tools, strategies, forms and maintaining an excellent M&E system including a proper filing system with both hard and soft copies; training, including training on survey data collection, assessment and activities data; preparing monthly and quarterly reports; monitoring project targets versus actual performance; analyzing data and information to review program progress; and training and supporting township data collectors and managers.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage key MERL indicators, tools, strategies and forms
• Collaborate with the M&E Manager and CSI-Institution team to update key indicators, tools and strategies to monitor the program
• Work closely with training teams to develop training reports and make sure the indicators of training outputs and outcomes are tracked in routine M&E forms
• Coordinate with Township Monitors and partner NGOs to develop and maintain an excellent M&E System including the proper filing system of both hard and soft copy of M&E forms.
• Ensure that the CSI-Institution M&E system is complementary to existing program M&E systems and facilitate data sharing between program units.
• The developed tools, strategies, forms and system correspond to the requirements for monitoring the project implementation activities.
• M&E systems in all levels of data management steps have a strong control system for data quality.
2. Training including data collection for surveys, assessment and M&E system
• Deliver trainings on data collection and routine data management to the project staffs to make sure all data collectors have common understanding on data flow, definition of indicators and data protocols.
• Guide and support CSI-Institution program team members in understanding M&E processes and contributing to high quality monitoring and evaluation.
• All staff members of the CSI-Institution team understand their roles and responsibilities in the M&E system, especially in data collection, data flow and ensuring data quality throughout the data management cycle.
• All staff members of the CSI-Institution team understand the program’s theory of change, how activities contribute to that theory of change, and the plan to and importance of measuring and monitoring that change.
3. Handling different cloud based databases and other ICT tools for Data management
• Handling Pact Myanmar’s cloud based database system to enter the project monitoring data.
• Developing forms and format using mobile data collection platform to collect data from field.
• Train project staffs on how to collect, collage and analyze data using mobile phone.
• Ensure that the CSI-Institution data are compatible with Pact’s overall database across all projects.
• Lead coordination with field team for CSI-Institution data collection and reporting.
• Lead coordination of data between the Pact Myanmar database and Pact’s headquarters Capacity Solutions Platform.
• The project has the strong database system to ensure that data are of good quality and reduce the probability of transcription errors.
• All the responsible staff have a good understanding of the database system, and are able to regularly use it to see the project’s data and understand the project’s progress.
4. Data Quality Management
• In coordination with the rest of the M&E unit, provide training to project staff on standard operating procedures for data quality, data management and data quality assessments.
• Conduct or coordinate Routine Data Quality Assessments at the township and Yangon levels, including writing follow up reports and ensuring implementation of action items.
• Ensure that township offices are prepared for external Data Quality Assessments and Audits.
• The project has an audit-worthy M&E system.
• Staffs understand their roles and responsibilities in the data management process.
5. Maintaining the M&E system
• Conduct regular site visits in order to maintain accurate documentation for reporting, analyzing, and report consolidation for management and donors.
• Maintain updated township M&E reports in both soft and hard copies at the Yangon office.
• All MERL reporting is well-documented at the township and Yangon levels, in hard and soft copies.
6. Reporting and Analyzing
• Prepare and submit accurate and timely monthly and quarterly M&E reports to the Senior Program Coordinator from CSI-Institution team and making sure the quality of product with M&E Manager.
• Monitor target and actual performance of the project and assist in analysis of the data and information to review the program’s progress.
• Developing reporting formats as necessary in response to new and modified activities.
• All reports are timely and accurate.
• The program progress status is up to date to track the target achievement.
• Managers have timely, accurate data for decision-making.
• Ensure timely dissemination and use of project data.
• Undertake other related tasks and responsibilities, as needed, assigned by the M&E manager.
• Bachelor degree (preferably in a related field) is required. Post-graduate degree(s) is a plus.
• Minimum four (4) years’ of relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and provision of training; particularly in the development and civil society sector.
• Fluency in English is required.
• A knowledgeable, matured and energetic personality.
• Other computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access, Power point, and other ICTs skill are preferable
• Teamwork-oriented, proactive, and demonstrated capacity to work independently.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed and without close supervision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application letter and curriculum vitae (CV), a recent passport size photograph, contact details and two referees addressed to the following contact by January 18th, 2017 (Wednesday) 5:00 PM.
Human Resources Officer
Pact in Myanmar
No. 608, Penthouse, Bo Son Pat Condominium
Corner of Merchant Road and Bo Son Pat Street,
Pabedan Township, Yangon 11141, Myanmar
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 09 – 73199151; 95-1-373221, 378931, 245447 (Ext: 74 & 73)
1) Earlier application is encouraged to every interested person. After receiving the potential application, position may be filled up prior to closing date.
2) Application via email: Please do not enclose copy (ies) of other relevant supporting documents (such as educational certificate and testimonials) if the application submitted via email.
3) Only short listed candidates will be notified.
127 total views, 1 today